What a crazy weekend!!! I’ve been pretty sick for the past week or so and this weekend I was feeling even worse. I still had to pretend I was ok (with the help of cold medicine and cough syrup) since I had to attend a Neurology resident and fellow convention on friday and saturday. Had 2 talks to make to present my latest research results. I really thought I wasn’t gonna make it but it went ok. Even better than ok actually since I even won an award!
Then, saturday night we had planned a little birthday party for Travis with my family. It was pretty low key: homemade pizzas and beers. I was so excited about winning the prize that I was pretty hyper the whole night. But then sunday I just crashed, and pathetically laid in bed most of the day, watching The Office and True Blood (Can you tell we are a little totally addicted to american TV series!)
We had some great eats though! Breakfast was a classic american breakfast with biscuits , fried egg and gravy:
For dinner we made the most awesome soup: Coconut Squash Soup.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 medium kabocha squash
- 400 ml can of light coconut milk
- cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut both squash in half and take seeds out.
- Place on baking sheet and bake uncovered until soft (about 45min- 1h)
- When soft, scoop out the squash pulp and place in large pot. Cover halfway with water, and bring to a boil. Then turn down heat and add coconut milk, 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of nutmeg and 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Finally purée with hand held blender.
It was a great team work (had the man cut up my squashes)! And a fun day nonetheless…