When I woke up this morning, all I could think about was “Pumpkin Cake“. I made it over the weekend but never was hungry enough to have a piece (and the husband ate quite a lot already). So this morning was the perfect time to enjoy it along with a cup of Café au lait (with soy milk) in my “KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD” cup:
I used Kevin’s recipe from Closet Cooking. Just changed it a little bit to make it “healthier”. Minor changes though. And it turned out great. I have to say his food blog is pretty incredible!
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
3/4 cup Sucanat or brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
1. Mix dry ingredients (exept nuts) in a large bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry mixtures.
4. Stir in the pecans.
5. Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.